Way back when, prospective optometry patients relied on word of mouth and local advertising to get to know the eye doctors in their area. Those days are long gone—the bulk of patients look for information about medical care providers before they ever schedule an appointment. When you take this action into consideration, you start to see why targeting the people looking for you online should be such a key component of your Optometry digital marketing strategy. Local SEO (search engine optimization) plays a huge role in this process.
What Is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a process of optimizing your website and business online to make sure key searchers within your geographic location are able to find your practice. If your online marketing strategy does not involve local SEO strategies, the people who visit your site may not be people who could logically be perspective patients because of their proximity to your place of business.
How Is Local SEO Incorporated?
Local SEO involves several facets, including:
- Making sure your business is properly listed on Google My Business
- Enhancing your website with key terms and phrases users in your area would most likely use to find an eye doctor
- Making sure your practice is listed on pertinent review sites
- Optimizing website content according to local information
- Listing your business on directories specifically for businesses
- Optimizing your website so it performs well for mobile users
Is Local SEO a Wise Investment?
Absolutely! Integrating a local SEO strategy for your optometry practice’s website can deliver an excellent return on investment. Consider some of these statistics:
- Nearly half of all searches on Google are for local services
- 88% of people who search for a service provider locally will visit that business within 24 hours
- 78% of local mobile searches end with an offline purchase of products or services
Work with Healthcare Marketing Professionals for Help
When done correctly, a local SEO strategy can mean substantial online and real-life traffic to your optometry practice. If you need help building a local SEO strategy, reach out to us at Digital Healthcare Professionals for a custom quote.